Monday, January 24, 2011

Zambia or Bust!!!!!

So here is my attempt at a complete packing list.  I tried to actually pack today but got a little overwhelmed so I revamped my packing list-hopefully this will help.  I also felt as if I wasn't packing enough....I am kind of the opposite of a hoarder....I am a compulsive purger of 'stuff'. Maybe I am packing just the right amount of 'stuff' but reading other blogs makes me feel otherwise. My mom is coming over tomorrow and Thursday to spend some quality time with me before I leave.








We had a going away party on Saturday at my sisters house.  It was pretty much perfect.  My friend Sarah O. came to visit and surprised the shit out of me!!!! It was beautiful.  Here is a video of my mom, dad, step mom, two sisters and myself doing shots together!!! Toasting to none other than AFRICAAAA!!!!! And not to mention I saw Brookie AND Jared!!!! Perfection!!!

I first tried to organize my list into categories but then just kept adding stuff to wherever so sorry for the confusion....any ideas, suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.  And I would have put this under a Packing Tab but I can't figure out how to rearrange my blog and add tabs.....I am also a little technologically disadvantaged.  I also need a tab for my contact information and a wish list. HELP!!!

Clothing
·       Raincoat-2
·       Rainpants
·       Fleece jacket-northface-wear on the plane
·       Long Skirts-4
·       Long dress-1
·       Short sleeve T-shirts-6
·       Sweatshirt-wear on the plane
·       Tank tops-10
·       Long sleeve button downs-2
·       Long sleeve T-shirts-3
·       Short sleeve button downs-2
·       Underwear-25
·       Sports bras-5
·       Bathing suit
·       Yoga pants/Capri workout pants/gauchos
·       Spandex shorts to wear under skirts
·       Jeans-1-wear on the plane
·       Slip
·       Khakis-2
·       Socks-10
·       Dressy outfit-1
·       Sun hat
·       Leggings-2
·       Sandals-2
·       Low-top hiking shoes-1
·       Dress shoes-1
Personal Hygiene
·       Glasses-1
·       Glasses case
·       Sunglasses-1
·       Aleve
·       Baby wipes
·       Baby powder
·       Shampoo/Conditioner
·       Body wash
·       Razors
·       Toothbrush
·       Toothpaste
·       Floss
·       Deodorant
·       Hair ties
·       Comb
·       Q-tips
·       Tampons
·       Pepto
·       Panty liners
·       Make-up
·       Thermometer
·       Nail clippers
Kitchen
·       Spices
·       Measuring cups
·       Pots, pans, bowls
·       Water bottles-2
·       Lighter/matches
·       Basic cookbook
·       Ziploc bags
·       Can opener
Miscellaneous
·       Umbrella
·       Pocket Knife-1
·       LED Headlamp-1
·       LED Flashlight-3
·       Sleeping bag
·       Sleeping bag pad with stuff sac
·       Tent
·       Rope
·       Sleeping pad
·       13 in 1 multi-tool
·       Radio
·       Envelopes
·       Crayons and markers
·       Camera with accessories
·       Extra memory cards
·       Tarp for above bed
·       Travel alarm clock
·       Money belt
·       Journal
·       Calendars-2
·       Passport photos-10
·       Solar charger
·       Nano with accessories
·       Flashdrive
·       Bed sheets
·       Bungee chords
·       Sewing kit with scissors
·       Bandannas-3
·       Duct tape
·       Address book and agenda book all in one
·       Batteries
·       Stamps
·       Maps-Indiana, USA, World
·       Folder to organize PC paperwork
·       Stickers for kids
·       Flash cards-numbers, letters, shapes, alphabet
·       Seeds
·       Sunscreen
·       Chapstick
·       Solar Shower Bag-4 Gal.
·       Paper
·       Pens/Pencils

Be kind to one another.

2 comments:

  1. your packing list looks the same as mine :] I'm worried that I'm going to miss something crucial and realize it on the plane.

    ONE WEEK!

    oh, to add pages, click on "New Post" and there's a tab for "Edit Pages." Go to that and it'll let you do create new pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so your bringing a machete(spelling?).....I think you should bring an extra one for me because thats pretty much bad ass... ha

    ReplyDelete