Sunday, January 2, 2011

Update...

So I need to get some serious shit done in the next like 30 days...
I started packing up clothes to store at my mom's house.  I still need to pack up my children's books, my books and a few more clothing items.  It is so weird to think what clothes I will need in Africa, when I have never been there or really met someone who has to help me pack what I need.  The only thing I will need to move to my mom's house will be a desk, and one book shelf.  When I moved home from college I DID have a bunch of kitchen stuff, furniture and bathroom stuff but I figured I didn't need it, and since it would sit in storage for 27 months, I just gave it to the women's shelter in my town.  I did get a lot of stuff for Christmas but I still feel like I need a lot more.  I also got an eye exam and had them fill out the paperwork for the PC to have on file if something does happen to my glasses while away.  I got another pair of glasses and new lenses in my old pair.  
I had a week off work because we were closed and I was so excited to get some stuff done for the PC but I didn't do shit.  Oh I did get my nails done and my eyebrows done!!! (probably for the last time) I spent a few days in Evansville, where I went to college, to visit friends and ring in the new year with my friends.  I had more fun the night before NYE then on NYE.  
I had a few good-byes to say when I left and I cried a little.  I did not like it one bit. 
I am having a Going Away Party Jan. 22 at my sisters house for family and friends.  I really hope my friends from college come because I want to see them one last time.  Now I just need to have a going away party with my co-workers!!!  I originally planned on having my last day of work Jan. 20, but I am so glad I made it Jan. 13 because I am definitely going to need those extra 2 weeks to get my stuff together.  
O AND I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY STAGING INFO SOON!!!!!

Be kind to one another

1 comment:

  1. You say: "It is so weird to think what clothes I will need in Africa, when I have never been there or really met someone who has to help me pack what I need."

    I would just like to remind you that you DO know someone who has lived there for 3 months, and it would be ME. I would be more than happy to help you pack and figure out what clothes you need to take.

    ReplyDelete