Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sleepless in Indiana.


I find myself daydreaming of Zambia in all moments that i’m not busy. I daydream of the friends I’m going to make within the other volunteers.  People I don’t know right now, but will surely change my life. I daydream of Zambian people that I hope will love me as much as I love them. I daydream of the heat and the rain and the feeling of hope that wells up inside of me when i think of the next 2+ years of my life.  I loose sleep at night because of these thoughts...and I'm OK with that.  
I also think that I went to school for 5 years (don't judge) to be a teacher and now I get a chance to share that knowledge with the people of Zambia, but it almost doesn't seem fair....they only get 2+ years of what I know...
will I even make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment