Thursday, December 23, 2010

Random Thoughts...

Thought #1

So my older sister has been in a relationship for the past 5 years and they are living together.  She is not engaged but keeps asking me what I plan on doing IF they get married while I am gone.  I told her I don't think I would come back for the wedding.  Not because I don't agree with it or because I want to miss the most important day of her life, BUT because I feel like if I return home the family might focus on my return and not HER big day.  I also don't know how many days I would allowed to be home for, and I know my friends and family would want to get together before the wedding.  I don't want me coming home to overshadow my sister getting married.  Also, the cost of the flight to get back home is out of this world.

Thought #2

The older I get (I'm only 25) the more I appreciate family, holidays and traditions.  Reason behind revelation:
I have been spinning at my gym for the past several months and I sit next to the same girl damn near every time.  We haven't talked until 2 weeks ago, just idle chit-chat-as much chatting that can be done while spinning.  Until last night, we found out that we both used to work for the same company.  We exchanged names and talked about mutual friends we knew.  When she left she wished me a Merry Christmas.  So did most of the other people in the class when leaving.  It made me happy.

Thought #3

I had a dream last night that I was flying back to Colorado before I left for the PC.  On the bus ride up to the mountains, I was telling people that I was leaving for Zambia at the end of January and what I would be doing.  I also was telling them that I have been following PC peoples blogs and a facebook group about other people who are leaving the same time as me.  I told them that I have not found anyone in my area that is doing the PC.  Then this guy told me he was from the Indy area and he too was doing the PC and leaving when I was leaving!!!

Thought #4

I throughly enjoy watching YouTube videos about people opening their PC invitations, staging, life in Zambia and any other videos related to the PC/Zambia.  It makes my heart happy.

Thought #5

Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything.

Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment