Tuesday, May 17, 2011

update from the bush

so I moved into my new house about 3 weeks ago. My community cemented the inside of my house. and I got a place to put all my solar things.  I have been to one school to visit and see what their needs are.  I have just been living the bush life and getting a schedule.  Today I tried to go to a school but got lost and ripped my skirt and ran out of water so I went to my boma (aka town) and shopped.  I have a meeting at school today called a TGM aka teacher group meeting.  I have 7 schools in my area that I am able to work with but they are at least an hour away by bike if not further so I dont know how much I will be working with them.  I think I want to concentrate my time at one school and see what I can do for them.  I went to visit the ministry of health (aka deparement of health ) last week and was asked if I drank and the guy said he could pick me up from my hut and take me to the boma to drink with them.  awkward. not much too add because I do not have my journal in front of me to tell all that has happened.  It looks like I have my work cut out for me beacuse my 4th grade neighbor cannot even regognize the alphabet.  Everyone I have met wants to learn english.  Sorry this is so random but I don't have much to say
Love you guys
BE FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment