Saturday, April 23, 2011

I am a Peace Corps Volunteer

So we had our swearing in ceremony on 21 april.  it was at the ambassadors house.  i felt like i was back in america.  I also stole some toilet paper from his pool house.  we had some speeches by steve schwartz (google him) and by tom kennedy the country directory and some local zambians.  we sang the national anthems and sang some songs in different languages and had some dancing.  I had a dress made for the ceremony (i have pictures on my facebook page so check those out).  I also found out the Hilliary Clinton will be coming to zambia for some trade conference that is happening in lusaka.  sweet.  I won't be able to meet her but super awesome anyways.  we went to a bar in lusaka after our ceremony it was a blast.  So now we are hanging out at the provincal house until store open up which is on monday because of the holidays.  I will be doing shopping for my house on monday and get posted on tuesday.  I get my national registration card on tuesday also.  I have pictures to post but that will come later.  I also have a lot of videos but I am going to send my SD cards to home and have my family upload them, it is too costly to wait for them to upload here at a cafe.  Thanks for all warm congrats from family and friends.  I hear there are some crazy tornadoes in the midwest.  stay safe and get in the lowest part of your house.

Be Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment