Saturday, November 27, 2010

Support.

I have the BEST support system for my choice in joining the PC.  I have told all my parents at work and they are so thrilled for my new adventures!!!  One of my parents told me about this organization called One Laptop Per Child.  It is a company/organization thats main goal is to give one classroom in a community a laptop for every child in that class.  They are computers that are meant for areas like Africa, durable, dirt proof, etc.  They are powered by a towns person on a bike.  Which is awesome because the program not only gives laptops to children in schools but it gives a towns person a job!!!  I know I don't have my own classroom that I will be teaching but anything I can do is better than nothing.  And knowing this website before I leave is helpful, too.  Check out the website below to learn more...

http://laptop.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment